Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables a safe and fast application modernization journey for our customers. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Tetrate is seeking an independent, highly analytical, self-motivated Global Accounting Manager who will be supporting the execution of daily accounting operations by working directly with the internal leadership team (CFO, Business Heads, and Founders) to capture business transactions and ensure both high-quality GAAP reporting as well as timely and insightful financial data to support business strategy and growth. This person will own and operate the accounting operations and monthly close process for Tetrate’s US and International enites. In addition to owning a critical piece of the organization’s day-to-day financial operations, you will also lead various projects/initiatives that will help drive the scalability of the business. The ideal candidate will have a history of developing and implementing process improvements and efficiencies, possess a superior level of organizational and time management skills, and can work independently. We are looking for a true owner with the potential to grow as a leader and help build a best-in-class finance organization.
- Oversee all day-to-day accounting processes and personnel.
- Analyze major variances to budget, forecast and prior year; and submit results to the operating management.
- Implement accounting system, preferably Netsuite.
- Build, document and improve monthly close process.
- Maintain, document and review processes for internal controls.
- Streamline department functions to ensure optimal productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Cash Management – Manage the company’s bank activities, prepare cash burn report, ensure accuracy of cash reporting
- Accounts Payable – Manage the company’s expense management process from vendor invoicing, and ensure timely payments are made.
- Equity Management – Ensure the proper recording of all equity activity for both common and preferred stock transactions
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, maintain month-end account reconciliations.
- Manage the month-end close process, provide monthly Balance Sheet, P&L, and Cash Flow reports in accordance with GAAP
- Establish and maintain a journal entry system that provides proper supporting information for all JE’s made to the accounting records
- Prepare monthly department level reports, coordinate with FP&A manager a review of department financial information to ensure accuracy and spending within plan
- Days to close
- Reporting accuracy
- Team location factor
30 Day Deliverables
- First iteration of a documented close process
- System selected
60 Day Deliverables
- Accounting system implementation under way
90 Day Deliverables
- Accounting system implementation completed.
- Close process normalized and ready for improvement
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Ability to direct and supervise. Actively contribute to the career development of the team and culture.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and financial statements.
- Must have experience with Netsuite.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with google sheets.
- International experience is preferred.
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.