Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Are you a detail-oriented community manager who enjoys building lasting relationships with technical communities? Do you also gravitate towards the program management side of community-building, creating frameworks, processes, and playbooks, to help scale community building programs globally? The Tetrate team is seeking an experienced, committed, and innovative community manager to own and program manage developer/builder communities globally, while also building lasting relationships with community leaders, advocates and influencers. Your goal is to win the hearts and minds of developers and hands-on builders around the world, by meeting them where they are, and providing the right technical education, tools, and resources to enable their success.
You will be the main point of contact for all technical communities and user groups both open source and non, setting up and nurturing communities in a path of organic and sustainable growth. You will also be responsible for creating and maintaining symbiotic relationships with prominent developers who are influential in the service mesh arena, providing them with tools and resources to share knowledge of Tetrate solutions within their networks. This role is a hybrid, part community manager, part program manager, where you will define and drive messaging, establish engagement tactics and investments, implement global and local programs, and support community events and marketing to drive advocacy for Tetrate.
In This Role You Will:
- Own and program manage our global Community advocacy vision and initiative to engage with passionate developers, builders, and influencers who seek to acquire service mesh, Istio and Envoy skills, while sharing their knowledge with others
- Drive event strategy, execution, and measurement for community engagement at Tetrate workshops and events including third-party events and conferences
- Lead existing community programs as well as introduce innovative net-new initiatives relevant to each region and the broader community
- Drive program content and messaging, manage ongoing program communication, recurring events, & management / on-boarding of program members in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Manage relationships with influencers, grow technical users (developers, architects, and more), and partner with leaders by providing them the platforms needed to share their Tetrate stories in-person and online
- Build tactics for quantifying the impact of our community engagement & advocacy programs, report on metrics. and discuss progress of the community initiatives with senior leadership; evolving the program structure as needed to align to shifting community needs
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or meaningful work experience
- A natural affinity to forge relationships with developers and integrate & engage with developer communities
Understanding of modern compute platforms, containerization and orchestration, & public cloud platforms
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Self-managing , start-up mindset with a high quotient for taking deliverables to the finish line and doing it on time
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution