Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables a safe and fast application modernization journey for our customers. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
We are looking to hire a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our Frontend team that focuses on building immersive experiences, empowering many personas to manage the Application traffic of complex network infrastructure across cloud providers and on-premise deployments.
We breathe ReactJs, with TypeScript, React Hooks and Styled components that help us keep pushing towards high-performance UI/UX. An incredible fusion of data and metrics with powerful visualizations using d3.js is a core part of what we develop. Our UIs offer powerful alerting, notifications, observability, monitoring, and tracing through deep interactions with tracing platforms such as ZIPKIN and observability platforms such as Apache SkyWalking.
Any experience is not complete without comprehensive documentation, and we offer a platform that helps manage authored and generated documentation for our products. Effective use of node.js, YAML configs for orchestrating content across repositories, and Docusarus provide a complete and seamless documentation experience for engineers and a great viewing experience for our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, build, and enhance high-performance UIs such as dashboards, large scale config management, impressive visualizations involving vast volumes of data and seamlessly weave data and metrics from multiple sources
- Optimize HTTP requests, balancing reuse vs usability, reducing wasted re-renders, smaller code bundles, faster CI/CD pipelines, maximizing automated testing, and effective support tooling are our daily focus, that drives us to design and code great user experiences
- Manage, lead, and develop a team of frontend engineers and serve as the owner and leader of our (small, but growing) frontend engineering function.
- Manage effective communication and transparency in a globally distributed environment with team members across the globe on multiple time zones
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our flagship product (Tetrate Service Bridge) and conduct code reviews
- 3+ years of experience with Data Visualization (e.g. real-time charts, efficient asynchronous data flow)
- Experience in building Web UI images for containers and managing multiple frameworks to deliver high performance and secure web experiences
- Experience in BFF implementation involving composition of CRUD APIs to achieve complex business process functionalities
- Proven background with establishing testing practices including automation and tooling experience, specifically around automated testing and validation of Frontend applications
- You have working knowledge of when and how to make your code scale effectively
- Proactive in taking ownership of tasks and taking them to completion
- You desire to learn and continually give and receive feedback effectively
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you
- You have experience optimizing code and look for ways to resolve performance issues.
- Experience contributing to open source software
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of best outcome for the team.
- Values autonomy and results over process
Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.