Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
We’re looking for a slightly unusual kind of engineer. One who’s as interested in the efficiency of integration and deployment pipelines as they are with writing of new code. Maybe you’re an SRE who’s fed up with getting woken up at unholy o’clock, or maybe you’re a seasoned devops pro who wants the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of modern cloud technology. Regardless of your background, you’re the kind of person that sees a problem and can’t help but see it through to the bitter end, who meets (most) of their deadlines, and who really enjoys the challenge of learning something new.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and maintain our distribution of Istio, Tetrate Istio Distribution
- Implement new product features that will have a direct impact on customers
- Contribute to open source software development such as Istio
- Experience building and testing software using Go
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines, including Github Actions
- Experience with test automation, development and debugging
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP and Azure
- Good understanding of networking protocols, concepts, consistency properties of distributed systems, techniques to identify and reconcile configuration drifts
- “You build it, you run it” mindset. You will own the systems you design and will participate in the engineering on-call rotations.
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus
- Fundamentals-based problem-solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles-based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of the best outcome for the team.
- Values autonomy and results over process