Istio Service Mesh [Full-Day] Workshop
As development moves toward cloud-native application development using containerized and distributed services, it has become essential for developers to understand how these services work together. One of the critical tools that help developers and organizations monitor, connect, and secure their microservices without requiring changes to application code is the open-source service mesh called Istio.
Istio is the most widely adopted service mesh in production because of its capabilities and is increasingly becoming a vital component of a company’s infrastructure.
This workshop will give you a fundamental understanding of Istio through a combination of presentations and hands-on labs.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover in this workshop:
- Overview of the Istio service mesh architecture
- Connecting and managing traffic (splitting traffic, injecting failures, using resiliency features)
- Security and basics of authentication and authorization in Istio (access control, identity, mTLS)
- How Istio collects metrics and provides uniform service observability
- Advanced Istio features such as multi-cluster deployments, VM workloads, and extending the mesh with WebAssembly (Wasm)
Event Zone Text -